- All quoted flight times are approximate and may vary either way on the day of the flight due to volume of air traffic or other operational reasons.
- Flights are subject to weather conditions and aircraft serviceability and, as a result flights are subject to cancellation at short notice. Chiltern Airsports will not be held responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs should your flight be cancelled for any reason, including aeroplane non serviceability or poor weather.
- A minimum age of 12 years is required for all Trial Flying Lessons.
- Weight restrictions apply please contact us before your flight if above 16 Stone / 102Kgs.
- We are unable to refund the cost of the flight voucher under any circumstances. The vouchers are however, transferable providing we are notified in writing at least 24 hours before the flight.
- All participants should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP.
- The Instructor, as captain of the aircraft can, at his discretion refuse any person on board the aircraft if he suspects them to have consumed alcohol or drugs within the previous 24 hours.
- Any participants failing to take their confirmed flight render the voucher invalid unless 7 Days written notice of cancellation has been given.
- In the event of the flight being cancelled by us, then your Flight Voucher remains valid until the expiry date shown, and will be rebooked for a mutually convenient date.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers neither the owner/operator can be held liable for the loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Participants wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight do so entirely at their own risk.
Skydiving Experiences are provided by London Parachute School Limited. By purchasing a skydiving experience via Chiltern Airsports you agree to be bound by London Parachute School terms and conditions listed at http://www.londonparachuteschool.com/skydiving_terms_&_conditions.htm
The following conditions may lead to a dangerous situation with regard to the wing walker or to other persons during flight.
- Severe head or neck injury
- Recurrent blackouts
- Fits or giddiness
- Disease of the brain or nervous system
- High blood pressure
- Heart or lung disease
- Recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb
- Diabetes (Type 1)
- Mental Illness
- Drug or Alcohol addiction
The following medical conditions can also cause problems whilst wing walking.
- Back Strain
- Arthritis and Severe joint sprains
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic asthma
In the event of confirmation of pregnancy or sickness absence over twenty consecutive days, or incapacitating injury participants will not be able to fly until they have obtained medical approval and provided a signed doctors certificate, available from the wing walking supplier.
Aerobatic Experiences (Cap 10) and Tiger Moth Experiences
Voucher Validity and Returns
Vouchers are valid for 12 months. Vouchers are non-refundable unless returned within 14 days of purchase, in which case a £30 administrative charge will apply. If Finest Hour cancels your booked flight due to factors beyond our control (for example, weather, aircraft unserviceability or airfield unavailability), please re-book within 21 days of the original booking.
Redeeming Your Voucher
Please telephone Finest Hour on 07415 735683 to book your flight. We strongly suggest that you book to fly as early as possible during ‘the season’ (May – October) to provide the maximum opportunity for rescheduling in the event of bad weather etc. Please be ready to quote your Voucher Number and your height & weight during this call as the latter may impact on our planning of the flying programme for the day. We’ll also need a mobile telephone number and / or an e-mail address to inform you of any changes beyond our control on the day. Once your flight has been booked, we need at least 14 days’ notice of a change. Within 14 days, any change will attract a £30 administration charge. Vouchers are transferable; whoever presents the voucher on the booked day will be entitled to fly.
Height / Weight / Medical Restrictions
Min Ht: 4′ 11″
Max Ht 6′ 7″
Max wt 18 Stones / 115 kg
Flyers must be physically capable of embarking and disembarking from the aeroplane unaided. If you are in any doubt as to your medical fitness to fly, please consult your GP. The disabled should consult www.aerobility.com . The final decision on the day rests with your Finest Hour pilot.
Please plan to arrive at the airfield 30 minutes before your flight time to allow us adequate time to process your voucher and provide a thorough briefing.
Please wear flat, comfortable closed shoes (no sandals) with comfortable casual clothes. Ladies should not wear skirts or dresses. The Tiger Moth is an open-cockpit aeroplane, so we suggest 2 layers of upper clothing, including a jacket, even during the Summer months; on cooler days, you might consider gloves. Finest Hour will provide a flying helmet and goggles. Aerobatic flights in the CAP10 can become very hot on sunny days, so light shirts are ideal. We cannot allow loose articles in the cockpit as they represent a risk to Flight Safety. Before embarking, our staff will ask you to remove coins, keys and any jewellery likely to become loose.
Friends & Family
You may bring as many friends and family as you wish to accompany you to the airfield. However, airfields present a number of unique and unfamiliar hazards, not least of which are rotating propellors. Therefore, only one of your friends / family should plan to accompany you to the aeroplane to take photographs of you strapping in etc. We expect all guests to comply with instructions given by Finest Hour’s staff with regard to on-airfield behaviour as we seek to minimise risks to all concerned. For this reason, we recommend that you do not bring young or difficult to control children to the airfield. There is little to occupy them at the airfield and the distraction caused by preventing them from wandering into harm’s way would constitute an unacceptable risk to safety. Our flights take place in the local area, rather than over the airfield, so your guests will be able to observe you take off and land but will not be able to see the remainder of the flight from the airfield.
The flight times quoted are ‘chock to chock’ and include taxi time in accordance with normal aviation practice. Your flight experience could overrun the allotted time due to a number of reasons, including weather or traffic at the airfield. Our prime concern is safety and any such unplanned extension to your flight would attract no additional charge. Equally, if you ask to return before the end of your allotted time, such a curtailment would not attract a refund.
Both vintage and aerobatic flying are very weather-dependant activities. Our highly-experienced pilots will make the best decision they can as to the weather’s suitability and legality for the intended flight based on the weather information available. By 6pm on the evening before a flight, we should have a very good idea of the probability that flying will occur the following day. The pilot will make a final decision at 8 am on the day. Please telephone 07415 735683 after 6 pm on the evening before your flight if you need our assessment of the probability of flying. The final decision will be available in the same way after 8 am on the day of the flight. Please do not make your own weather decision; our pilots have the expertise to make the best decision for everyone. That said, weather forecasting is an inexact science and the unexpected can occur. We will do our best to ensure you do not have a wasted journey, so please let us know if your planned journey is long; if so, we will try to programme your flight towards the middle of the day, if that suits you. However, we accept no liability for any costs incurred (e.g. transport, accommodation) when we have to cancel flying.
- Minimum age 16 years.
- Maximum weight 16 stone.
- Participants should be agile enough to get in and out of the aircraft.
- No previous flying experience is required.
- Participants should seek medical advice if they have previously suffered a heart condition or other medical complaint such as back or neck problems, epilepsy, giddiness, high blood pressure or vertigo.
- Flight training is not advisable for pregnant mothers.
- All flights are at the instructor’s discretion and participants should advice their instructor prior to their first flight of any conditions that may affect flight safety.
- Please note we operate a zero alcohol policy.
- No refunds will be given if the participant is unable to complete the flight due to non disclosure of any of the above